We just turned a year older, and wiser. Yes we turned seven today.
In the past year, we have done a lot of things. And a lot of things have happened to us. Today we will look back at all of them. We will go in reverse chronological order and try to keep things as interesting as possible. But if we do get emotional (read: boring) anywhere, do stay with us – it’s our birthday after all.
- October 21st, 2009, i.e. yesterday: Our customer count reached 14,000. That made it a total of 16,000 orders and 24,000 individual licenses sold. We thanked the people who bought from us and asked them to buy more.
- October 13th: Someone told us, “This is the best web component I have ever come across in more than 25 years in IT.” We jumped in joy.
- September 24th: A fake website trying to trick our customers came up. First time ever. But we quickly took care of it.
- September 21st: Experienced a very small earthquake in our labs.
- August 28th: Released FusionCharts Free as open source and announced it with a quiet post.
- August 28th: Got the NASSCOM award for being among the top 10 emerging companies in India. And we celebrated.
- August 17th: Cleansed the FusionCharts Free website of all the dirt it had accumulated over the years.
- July 17th: FusionCharts on Facebook. We wrote everyone a note.
- July 16th: Saw Barack Obama using FusionCharts. Yes, we jumped in joy.
- July 14th: We crossed 13K customers. Unlucky thirteen? Not for us.
- July 13th: Our office audio system became ghostly. And it has never been the same ever again. Unlucky thirteen? Probably.
- July 3rd: Released FusionCharts for Flex v1.1 with 7 new gauges from FusionWidgets
- June 6th: Exhibited at Silicon India Startup City, our first trade fair ever.
- April 13th: Moved to a bigger swankier office and totally fell in love with the 11th floor lake side view.
- March 7th: Released FusionCharts Suite v3.1, the most powerful avatar of FusionCharts Suite ever.
- March 4th: FusionCharts for Dreamweaver released. As easy as 1, 2, 3 we said.
- February 25th: Got nominated in the GIDS Web Development Awards category alongside the likes of Adobe and Microsoft. Yes, we won nothing.
- February 19th: FusionCharts for Flex v1 released.
- January 20th: FusionCharts for VB released, and our foray into desktop applications began.
- January 14th: We had some soul-searching to do.
- December 3rd, 2008: We decided to go social. “Fixed all the bugs,” a little bird said.
- November 26th: After six years of existence, our very fundamentals suddenly got shaken up.
- October 22nd, 2008, i.e. One year ago: We turned six, a year older and wiser.
Edited – 22nd October later in the day (night rather):
We had a lot of fun celebrating our seventh birthday. And here are some of the pictures:
Check out all our birthday pictures here.