Simple column Part of FusionCharts XT
A column chart is used to visualize comparative data or to show change over a period of time. The chart uses vertically aligned rectangular bars on one axis as data plots plotted against the discrete values shown on the other. On one axis, columns compare categories, while on the other they represent a discrete value. This chart can be used to show data like revenue per store, monthly footfalls in a store, earnings per quarter, monthly order volumes, and so on.
- Use consistent colors. Select accent colors to highlight meaningful changes.
- Use horizontal labels to improve readability.
- Start the y-axis at 0 to accurately reflect the proportionate difference in data.
- The space between the columns should be roughly half of the width of each column.
- When the data is not time based, it is recommended to arrange data in the descending or ascending order.